Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Falling Short

When I was a child, I used to enjoy riding roller coasters at amusement parks. At the entrance to many of the rides, there were signs that told me how big I had to be to ride. Perhaps there was a wooden clown holding out his hand and a sign that said I had to be as tall as the clown's hand. If I stood under his hand and my head did not touch it, if my head fell short of his outstretched hand, I could not enter and ride the roller coaster. In the same way, God has a standard for entering into his glorious presence. God's standard is perfection. Unfortunately, we all have fallen short of his standard; we all have sinned. Hence, we all are separated from God and cannot enter his glorious presence.

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
-- Romans 3:23 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment